The Nerves are killin' me!

So, in all the excitement of research and inquiry yesterday about the YASC opportunity I got exactly 15 minutes of light dozing in this morning before church.  I've had a cup of church coffee (which, in fairness did include some pumpkin spice creamer), but I predict that I will completely crash post-lunch...if I ever leave my office to do it.  While normally I love that I work in an office with couches, Apples to Apples games, and a Foosball table, it's hard to appreciate it when you've got so much running through your mind.
So now, I've gotten through the mass email about our 7 upcoming youth events in December (yikes!) and updated the Facebook page. Next up is all about discernment and preparations for this application process.  I've got a fairly lengthy to-do list, and a pretty big time crunch.  Plus I still have a number of important people to bring into the loop on this adventure.  Namely, my best friend (sister) and both sets of grandparents who will likely be very interested and involved in this endeavor. So this blog, as I continue this thing for better or for nada is my attempt to record for posterity all these moments and excitement (cause that's pretty much all that's keeping me awake right now) so that I don't do my usual and over-focus on lining up my ducks in rows.  This is hard, because I'm a huge fan of orderly ducks, but I expect that potentially this page will go public and I want those who care to know that to me, this is/was a huge and critical step in my journey.
So now I'm going to try an accomplish leaping to a stepping stone or two.  I'm going to try and schedule meetings with those collar-wearing folks who I'm turning to for encouragement, support, and (hopefully) money.  I'm going to pull together a list of those I need on my discernment committee.  I'm going to write up my blurb to be read to the vestry at their next meeting (amid discussions of budget woes, surely).  I'm going to continue logistical discussions with my parents, plus include others who need to know.  I'll have to actually complete my application, and disburse the needed paperwork to those I need recommendations from.  All the while, I'm certain I'll be speeding to and fro between unleashable fear and furrowed brow prayers.  And I'll intersperse a few stray thoughts as to my coping with a pulled muscle in my back during my training workout tomorrow, and a musing or two on what I still need in order to perfect the turkey carcass soup I'll pull together on Tuesday.

And I just remembered that I need to get crackin' on a video slide show of a bit of every youth event anyone here's ever done since I started last fall...is my mouth full? Because I might have bitten off more than I can chew.

Game plan: get a memo pad to jot down everything until the tidal wave of necessities retreats to a calm beach level. Plus, say a few prayers of thanks that I can access pix from Facebook and Dropbox on just about any computer I can get my hands on...plus my phone.  Maybe I'll keep my head above water yet.

And here's the video of the song that brought me to tears this morning after confronting my decision to pursue missionary work and pulling into the church parking lot:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apparently I'm so bad at what I do most that it might kill me

Round 12 of my fight vs me

Getting thrown off a cliff