All my bags AREN'T packed, but I'm ready to go!

I'm sitting here waiting on the laundry to finish so I can finish packing my bag for tomorrow's flight out.  Other than that, I'm about as ready as I'll ever be, I suppose.  I need to get a few things from the store for traveling snacks and I'm praying that my package arrives today so I can use its contents on this trip, but I'll manage okay even if it doesn't show up.

I can't believe that something that has felt so slow in coming has actually happened so fast in retrospect.  2 months ago, YASC was not a reality for me.  Now I'm hoping to plan a large portion of my future around it.  I've finished the application, been accepted, formed a discernment committee at my church and had the full 4 meetings completed, and I'm 20+ pounds lighter than when this all started.  Plus I got to oversee a successful sub fundraiser for the youth group and spend a great Tampa holiday with friends (Gasparilla Day is awesome!).  The icing on the proverbial cake (that I can't actually eat under my healthy meal plan, so it's a good thing it's only proverbial) was getting to spend meaningful time with my sister, parents, and both sets of grandparents over this time of changes.

I don't really have a topic for this post other than just to mark the start of what might be a landmark weekend event.  I'm a bit worried about a couple things, but in the end they're not major problems and it mainly comes down to fear of acceptance by the staff and other young adults this weekend.  I went ahead and sent a message to all the other discern-ers that will attend the weekend.  Maybe I'm overeager.  Maybe I'm a huge church nerd (correction: definitely a huge church nerd).  Possibly, I'm the oldest and/or least busy and the ability to reach out and establish a connection with others is something that now comes more naturally to me after working as a youth leader.  Either way, I hope they're not put off by my message.  (Update: got the first response while typing this.  2 sentences long. 3 words total.  Oh well.  I'll keep waiting)

I guess there's not much more to say now.  I need to move my laundry to the dryer and work on stuffing everything into a single carry-on bag.  Wish me luck.  With the size of my shoes vs the size of the suitcase, I'll probably need it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting thrown off a cliff

Apparently I'm so bad at what I do most that it might kill me

Round 12 of my fight vs me