On your mark...get set...snooze

How is it already March??? I could have sworn that I just started my new years resolution a few days ago, and yet here we are at the cusp of spring break already.  There's so much to do, and I'm sure time will fly, so here's the major things on my mind:

  1. YASC-provisional acceptance has been granted, and my background check paperwork has been mailed in.  I now have to wait for it to clear, then I should be ready to start prepping and fundraising in earnest.  I'm in the process of booking a meeting with 5 of the most influential people in the diocese to talk next steps, goals, and fundraising; in case you couldn't guess, it's a bit of a logistical nightmare to get them all together at once.  Meanwhile, I am going to present this decision to the youth group members tomorrow night, the church on Sunday, and friends around the diocese and country after that.  Lots of details to cover, but many graces and blessings to be found along the way.
  2. Summer Camp- as a head councilor and craft guru, I'm prepping the intentions for our arts intensive in the new program model for the year.  For the weeks of "regular" camp, this means I'll have 8 hours of arts time with my kids each week.  This is so much more intense than previous years "craft" projects, and I can honestly say I've been divinely inspired already.  The concept aims to capitalize on the theme of camp: "Called to Serve" and the intention of using all our gifts to help others.  The time is divided among 4 days.  Each day will being with praying in color to help us center and reflect, a short unit focused on one of 4 categories of performance arts and one of the 4 service projects, then a lengthy time to invest in a week long project from one of the 4 categories of physical arts.  In short, I'll be covering poetry, music, drama, dance, world hunger, elder care, ill child comfort, abandoned animal care, sculpture, upcycling, textile work, and 2D art (painting, drawing, collaging, etc).  And I still feel like there's a lot I'm missing. Plus we'll do more traditional "camp crafts" during afternoon free time.  Not to mention the plans needed for the weeks I won't be there, and how to train someone else to run things in my absence. 
  3. Youth Ministry- I'm starting the steps to ensure a tenable program continuation in my absence.  I hope that my initial effort can allow the parish to find a replacement with less stress and imminent deadlines looming.  But it means that I have to be actively seeking, training, and coalescing a new team to operate in my stead.  Yeah...getting Episcopalians to volunteer, this'll be a piece of cake. 
  4. Moving deadline- I have to have all my stuff sorted, packed and ready to go into storage for a year and a half by the end of May.  Except for clothing for camp, mission trips, missionary training, a wedding, and anything I'll need to take around the world with me for the next year.  I've come to the conclusion that I, most assuredly, have too much stuff that I can't part with but am not entirely sure I need.  And not enough boxes to put it in.
Plus there's the million other small things to take care of.  And I really need to haul my butt to the gym again soon.
Although, I suppose since it's 12:37am now, it's less of a "nap" and more just "sleep"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apparently I'm so bad at what I do most that it might kill me

Round 12 of my fight vs me

Getting thrown off a cliff