Can you hear me now?

It seems so weird knowing now unequivocally that there are new people reading this daily.  I'm mean, I knew it would happen when I started, but knowing some "eventually" versus seeing home page hit count rise every time you log in is a totally different sensation.  And, unlike some of the older posts, plenty of folks will see this post as they visit for the first time.  No pressure...but everything from here on out is always a first impression for someone.

I'm happy you're here, because I need you with me throughout this journey.  Side note: while mobile viewing from your phone or small tablet is totally convenient, you don't get to see the side bars where I've put a bunch of cool stuff, including easy ways to contact me or subscribe to any future posts.  So don't forget to check again at home later.  Also, please look for the "Home" button or bar.  If you tap it, you should see another option saying "Support" and that's where I've made it very easy to donate or help is so many ways. *hint, hint, hint*

Onward to the good stuff!

A few weeks ago when I led our church's adult forum class for our Integration Sunday (i.e. focused on merging technology and youth into our service), I spoke of a classical composer embracing the technological capacity available.

If you've got a few minutes and an empty room (or headphones) to avoid being the weirdo playing music in public, I want to show you one of his pieces.

This song that he wrote may not suit every taste, but bear with it a bit.  All the instrumentals are synthetic, and the graphics are computer generated, but more important is the origins of the vocalists.

As the video progresses and more voices join the song, you'll see more faces in windows and they all move.  This is because these are the original recordings of these singers you're hearing.

All 5,905 of them.  From 101 countries around the world. (fyi, the song only lasts around 5 minutes, then it's a ton of credits)



For me, there are literal shivers every time I watch it.  But learning more about the process only increases my connection to the work emotionally.  (this video is less than 2 minutes)



Here's what resonates with me:
The creator knew the outcome from the beginning, guided it every step, and called the participants to the work of community and his plan.  All were called, many joined, but not all. And the result is divine.

As I am preparing to answer my own invitation to community and the work of the Creator, I understand this so deeply.  I trust that while I can only hear my own part of the song for now, I will be a part of such a magnificent whole that I cannot grasp by myself.

I go to join the Song in Brazil, of the youth and families of the area and the Anglican churches, taking flight toward the unknown, my own voice shaky about the uncertainty, but singing the song nonetheless. I am supported by the voices off all those who will welcome me, and all those behind me whose breath of song helps lift my wings.

Whether you sing well in the real world or not, sing with me in this song.  Check out the "Support" tab at the top to see the ways to get involved in the melody of grace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apparently I'm so bad at what I do most that it might kill me

Round 12 of my fight vs me

Getting thrown off a cliff